Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

Miscarriage #5- April 14th 2009


Miscarriage #5
April 14, 2009 (Chemical Pregnancy)


I had no idea I was pregnant this time until I started feeling nauseous and decided to take a test. At that time I was already having complications so I knew it was a no go but still went in for the blood work. Here were the HCG numbers at each blood draw:
HCG#1: 65
HCG#2: 24
HCG#3: under 5 (which means negative)
HCG
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
*Key things to remember about hCG levels:
In about 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
Some of you may not understand what a Chemical Pregnancy is so here is more of an explanation:
What Is A Chemical Pregnancy?
A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarriage occurred before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.
Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.
Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have tested. Then I would have never known but I guess I still thought there was a chance.


2 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    After reading your post I realized that you have been through so much more than I could have imagined. I will continue to pray that you get the baby you deserve, I know it will happen.

    xoxo
    Cholla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your continued prayers Cholla:)

    ReplyDelete