Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

19 Weeks Tomorrow

I feel like it has taken forever to get to 19 weeks and July seems so far away.  I broke down and ordered a Doppler which arrived yesterday.  I was really scared to use it for the first time on my own but we found our little girl pretty easily and her heart was pumping nice and strong around 150 beats.  I promised myself I wouldn't go over board with using it but since it was right next to my bed this afternoon and I couldn't seem to take a nap I took it out again.  I started to freak out a bit because the Doppler was giving me a low read but I found her again nestled down towards my lower right hand side.  Still going strong in the 150 range.:)

I'm still feeling anxiety.  A couple of days ago a friend of mine asked if I had thought about a birth plan yet.  I've been so worried about getting through each day I didn't really think about it.  There are a few options so I'm not sure yet.  I have a lot of fear about the whole thing because I am on blood thinners.  I know the plan is to switch me to heparin towards the end and I'm sure if I am scheduled they will take me off them the day before but thinking about all of that is a bit overwhelming.

Tonight my hubby and I are attending a prenatal class at the hospital.  It's a 2nd Trimester class geared towards nutrition and warning signs of pre-term labor. 

I just wish I could stop my mind from racing.  So many worries run through my head all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment