Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10th 2012- My Due Date

Lately I have been feeling a little bit of anxiety and wasn't sure why and then I realized what was approaching.  I know some may not understand this but I kind of mourn the loss of my EDD (estimated due date). I am over the moon with joy that Livie is here and we are both safe and sound but part of me can't help but wonder what my 3rd trimester would have been like.  What my birth experience would have been had I gone full term.  I know it's silly.  None of this matters anymore because I finally did it, she is here, and I am very blessed and thankful she is okay.

Yesterday was her 2 month check up.  The doctor said she looked perfect.  She is now 5 pounds 14 oz and  19 inches long which gives us a great idea of how big she would have been had I given birth to her today.  Today we begin her adjusted age.  So developmentally we would expect her to be that of a newborn.  On August 10th she will be 1 month old (adjusted) but 3 months actual.  According to the regular scale of a typical 2 month old she is in the 3 percentile in weight and the 10th percentile in height.  She is a tiny peanut but a cute one at that!


I guess life and God have their own ways of making things work out and we have no control over them as much as we try.  Livie arrived early for a reason and she couldn't be more perfect. (except for the fact that her little socks still don't stay on her feet and her preemie clothes are too small but newborn clothes are too big  LOL)  but those are all little things that don't matter and that I find very cute.  She is our little Livie, our little peanut, and I wouldn't change anything about her for the world.  She truly is our little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment