Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, July 17, 2015

It's the summer of 2015 already?

I wrote this back in June but forgot to post.

So today I had a coworker asked me about my pregnancy losses which made me think that I hadn't written in my blog for a while. So I guess I should get back into this.  Last summer I was jobless. Another layoff but the light  at the end of the tunnel was that I got to be a stay at home mom and spend more time with the girls. I was able to attend Livie's physical therapy and occupational therapy appointments as well as her G.I. doctor appointments.  I was able to watch Kayla start her first day of kindergarten and Livie started at her first full day at preschool before I went back to work for an amazing company that I hope to retire from.

In that time Livie was given an MRI to rule out cerebral palsy and a had growth hormone evaluation to see if she needed treatment.  Thankfully the results were negative for both.  She continues to see her G.I. doctor and do physical therapy once a week.  She also does occupational therapy every other week but is doing great and excelling.   Both girls are in swim lessons and gymnastics and we are looking at other activities for this coming fall to get them into.

 It truly is amazing to think that  I never thought I would have children or be a busy mom.  Looking back at where I was nine years ago wondering if I would ever be a mom is quite  interesting. I wish I could go back to myself then and reassure the insecure young woman I was that all would be okay despite experiencing eight pregnancy losses and a stressful adoption process. But here we are.  It's 2015 and I will be turning 36 to September. I have a full-time job and a busy schedule with the girls.  My husband and I work hard so that we can provide our girls with the best opportunities possible to thrive and grow.

Livie is now three and Kayla is six years old. I know this time will fly by and as much as I wish I could slow it down there is nothing I can do about it.   So for now I try to stay in the present as much as possible for they will grow up to be young women in a blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment