Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

New Hope!


After my week of darkness and depression and recieving yet another BFN I decided enough was enough.  I called my first RE and made an appointment with him to go over everything that I have been through in the past 5 years and bring him up to speed on the 5 losses I had after I left his office back in 2008.

He had very good things to say!  He has done a lot more research on recurrent miscarriages and discovered new things in the past 3 years that I can benefit from.  New tests, new treatments, etc.  I had my first ultrasound last Monday and went for blood work to check my FSH level on CD 4.  I surged Sunday morning and was having major ovulation pains on the right side. (which he said is a really good sign) Today I went in for my 2nd u/s so he could measure my lining and see if I was ovulating correctly. 

My lining looked awesome and I had released an egg from my right ovary.  So we can mark that off the list. I am ovulating appropriately and lining isn't an issue. 

Next we went over my first blood test results and my FSH has gone down!  This was exciting news for me because previous doctors have told me that I have the eggs of a 42 year old which sent me into a huge depressed state.  I'm only 31 years old!  So I started acupuncture to lower that number and it has worked!  Anything under 11 is good and I'm a 9.2!!  Needless to say I am ecstatic.  It means that the herbs, the acupuncture, the wheat grass shots, the vitamins, the lack of caffeine....it all means my hard work is finally paying off!  My doc said my body is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing.  Now we have to figure out what is going wrong once a baby gets in there.

Next Steps: 
This Friday I go in for blood work  to get a serum progesterone blood draw.  They should call me Friday afternoon to let me know the next steps.  Hoping for a good progesterone number.  The next battery of tests he has me taking will be a week from tomorrow.  Tuesday April 12th. (Ironically, our daughter's second birthday)

Test 1: Morning Fasting Labs
PAI-1, LPA, homocycstine, D-dimer, TNH-alpha< TSH, ANA, ATA, EBV, CMV, HHV6Ab, Cortisol,, DHEA-s, FBS, 17OH progesterone, DOC, uric acid, CRPO-hs, cholesterol, and triglyceride panel.

I have no idea what most of these tests are and can only imagine how many vials of blood they will be taking from me but it is comforting to know that he is being very thorough and checking EVERYTHING!

Test 2: That same day I go back for 4pm labs for 1Gf-1 and cortisol.

Whew-  good thing he wrote all of that down for me and it's a good thing I am not afraid of getting blood work done or needles anymore.  Lord knows I have been poked and prodded  millions of times by phlebotomists since we began trying to have a baby back in 2006.

I left his office this morning feeling great, feeling hopeful.  I KNOW I can do this. I just need the right doc to find out what's wrong.  Everything in my body is saying to keep trying and to not give up.   Who knows what 2011 will bring.  Hopefully a successful healthy pregnancy and a live birth in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment