Lilypie 5th Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Praying Mantis


Thank You for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a wonderful day.

Today I found out another friend is pregnant.  At first it hurt but I decided that I wasn't going to let this news affect me the way it usually does.  I did some EFT work, drank some healthy Teavana Tea (I'm obsessed with the tea and it's health benefits), did some yoga and meditated.  I feel so much better and even more so, I am excited for my friend and my own future. 

A lot has changed about me since I started working with Fay Jones back in August.  Each week we have a 30 min call and I am given homework. She has really changed my way of thinking and given me some great suggestions.  I'm eating healthier now and because I am doing that I feel better, happier,  and more at peace.  I still have my moments of frustration but I think now I am learning to deal with it in a more positive way.  I also do "wall work" which consists of putting my legs up the wall for 10 min with my hands on my belly and listening to quiet music.  It is so relaxing and helps blood flow to the reproductive organs. 


I'm feeling very happy and positive.   If I get a BFN next week I'm not sure how I will handle it.  I will be disappointed but I know I will pick myself back up and try again for cycle 4.  Part of me is starting to get nervous that I haven't gotten pregnant yet because the doc said the viral protocol lasts about 5 months.  We are currently in the 2ww of cycle 3. 

A couple of days ago I saw a Praying Mantis.  My husband says these are good luck which of course made me curious so I looked it up.  Here is what I found:


Praying Mantis Meanings in the Realms of Animal Symbolism

The mantis comes to us when we need peace, quiet and calm in our lives. Usually the mantis makes an appearance when we've flooded our lives with so much business, activity, or chaos that we can no longer hear the still small voice within us because of the external din we've created.

After observing this creature for any length of time you can see why the symbolism of the praying mantis deals with stillness and patience. The mantis takes her time, and lives her life at her own silent pace.

A quick-list of praying mantis symbolism:
  • Stillness
  • Awareness
  • Creativity
  • Patience
  • Mindful
  • Calm
  • Balance
  • Intuition
These traits have lead the mantis to be a symbol of meditation and contemplation. In fact, in China, the mantis has long been honored for her mindful movements.

The mantis never makes a move unless she is 100% positive it is the right thing for her to do. This is a message to us to contemplate and be sure our minds and souls all agree together about the choices we are making in our lives.

Overwhelmingly in most cultures the mantis is a symbol of stillness. As such, she is an ambassador from the animal kingdom giving testimony to the benefits of meditation, and calming our minds.

An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quite and reach a place of calm. It may also a sign for you to be more mindful of the choices you are making and confirm that these choices are congruent.

When I saw the Praying Mantis I watched it on my patio for a long time.  He/she was very careful with her movements and still.  (that is until my dog Mojo saw it and chased her away)  But before that happened I got down really low to the ground and took a picture.  What an interesting creature.  Was a sign?  I think so, but probably a sign to be more mindful and enjoy life.  I am really trying to live for "today" and not worry so much about the future. 

Am I growing wiser with age?  LOL 

Here is the EFT tapping I used today which totally helped if anyone is interested:
Title:  How do you feel when friends get pregnant first?

No comments:

Post a Comment